EAU THERMALE AVÈNE,
Source of apaisement for sensitive skins, naturally active
After a long journey, it emerges clear and pure to be collected and channeled towards the hydrotherapy center and the production center, where the Avène Dermatological Laboratories care products are manufactured.
More than thirty years of research and extensive clinical work have allowed us to increase our knowledge, even today, of Avène Thermal Spring Water, made unique by:
- its mineral inheritance: its properties come from its unique and original composition. Lightly mineralized and with a neutral pH, it has a balanced bicarbonated ionic profile, calcium and magnesium. It is also rich in trace elements that are beneficial to the skin.
- its biological inheritance: after more than 12 years of work, researchers from the Pierre Fabre Research Centers have succeeded in identifying and characterizing* a type of microflora present in the Thermal Spring Water, which they named aqua.dolomiae**. This microflora produces the active substances that contribute in part to the effectiveness of Avène Thermal Spring Water.
*Discovery presented to the Pasteur Institute.
** In homage to Déodat Dieudonné Sylvain Guy Tancrède Gratet de Dolomieu, eminent French geologist and mineralogist who discovered and described the particular “dolomite” rocks that form the “birthplace” of Avène Thermal Spring Water.
EAU THERMALE AVÈNE,
a complete line of care
Eau Thermale Avène product line
- Avène Thermal Spring Water: soothing by nature, Avène Thermal Spring Water is the essential care for all types of sensitive skin
- Essentials: a line of care and hygiene products for all types of sensitive skin
- Hydrance Optimale: care for dehydrated sensitive skin
- Tolerance Extrême: guaranteed safe for hypersensitive and allergic skin
- Care for intolerant skin: guaranteed safe for hypersensitive and allergic skin
- Anti-aging care: YsthéAL, Eluage and Sérénage
- Cold Cream: care for dry and very dry sensitive skin
- TriXéra +: care for intense, severely dry skin
- XeraCalm AD: care for skin prone to atopic dermatitis and itching
- TriAcnéal: care for oily skin with severe imperfections
- Clean-Ac: additional care for irritant and drying treatments
- Skin redness: a range of hygiene and care products to prevent and reduce facial redness
- D-Pigment: harmonizing anti-spot care
- Denséal: care for skin that has become fragile in older patients
- Akérat: care for skin with a keratosic tendency
- Cicalfate: care for sensitive and irritated skin
- Sun care: light protection for sensitive and intolerant skin
- Men’s care: a range of shaving and after-shave products formulated for men’s sensitive skin
- Pédiatril: hygiene and care products for babies’ sensitive skin
Couvrance product line
- Couvrance: Corrective products for complexion
Avène: a pioneer of Sterile Cosmetics
1996: Tolérance Extrême, the first line of sterile care products introduced on the market, benefits from the patented ETS (Extreme Tolerance System) concept, unique in dermo-cosmetics and recognized by the Ministry of Health as “a true technological advance in the field of public health.”
2010: Tolérance Extrême benefits from the Sterile Cosmetics Charter, a rigorous and unique charter in the cosmetics field: rigorous selection of ingredients, manufacturing and packaging in sterile environments, product remains sterile throughout its entire use.
This Sterile Cosmetics Charter has now been applied to several lines of Avène brand products: Pédiatril (Skin Care Cream), Hypersensitive Skin (Creams) and XeraCalm AD (Balm and Cream).
EAU THERMALE AVÈNE,
A RICH HISTORY
Discovered in the 18th century, the properties of the thermal spring water at Avène are now widely known and have led to increasing success for the brand Eau Thermale Avène.
- 1736: discovery of the soothing and anti-irritant properties of Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- 1743: first hydrotherapy center built near the Sainte-Odile source, which continues to carry out the same activity today: the center focuses entirely on dermatology.
- 1826: dermatology experts recommend Avène Thermal Spring Water, thus confirming its effectiveness and improving its reputation.
- 1874: the source of Avène Thermal Spring Water is recognized as being of public interest, formally confirming its legitimacy.
- 1975: the Pierre Fabre group acquires the hydrotherapy center, which had fallen into disuse, and carries out several studies in order to broaden their knowledge of thermal spring water.
- 1990: creation of the brand Eau Thermale Avène for sensitive skin.
- 2004: expansion of the Avène hydrotherapy center to accommodate a growing number of hydrotherapy patients.
- 2007: opening of the Water Laboratory to monitor the purity and qualities of the Avène Thermal Spring Water.
- 2010: the Eau Thermale Avène brand celebrates 20 years of success.
- 2014: production center expanded in response to the dynamic internationalization of the brand.
EAU THERMALE AVÈNE, A COMMITTED BRANDPROTECTING PEOPLE AND PRESERVING THE ENVIRONMENT
Avène Thermal Spring Water rigorously protects the water, which is its source of care
by preserving its purity in order to guarantee its unique properties.
We are committed to the quality, effectiveness and safety of our Eau Thermale Avène products
by constantly providing up-to-date dermo-cosmetic data.
Eau Thermale Avène supports public health policies
by joining together with patient foundations and associations.
Eau Thermale Avène is committed to reducing its environmental footprint
by developing a voluntary energy-saving program, a responsible purchasing policy, and an integrated eco-design plan in the development of its packaging.
Eau Thermale Avène supports local development
by preserving and maintaining the hydrotherapy center at the site where the source emerges, at Avène in the Orb valley (Hérault, France). As well as the hydrotherapy center, the Water Laboratory and Avène production unit are located there.
EAU THERMALE AVÈNE, A BRAND SOLIDARITY A PUBLIC HEALTH PARTNER
- Eau Thermale Avène contributes to skin cancer screening activities: the brand is the long-standing partner of the French National Dermatological Union for the Day of Protection and Screening against Skin Cancer
- Eau Thermale Avène supports research, education and health access foundations: the brand contributes to the development of scientific knowledge regarding health
- Eau Thermale Avène is a partner of various patient groups that are involved with solidarity projects
- Eau Thermale Avène organizes health and skin education workshops and round tables on public health education
- An extensive training program called ONE SMILE is currently being rolled out by the AVENE training network to train pharmacists and their staff in managing the side effects of new cancer treatments. The ONE SMILE program should allow pharmacists to play a critical role in cancer patients’ treatment pathway.
EAU THERMALE AVÈNE, a responsible brand* Reducing our environmental footprint
Develop a responsible purchasing policy
by signing the “10 commitments for responsible purchasing” charter
Integrate eco-design into the development of our packaging and formulas
while compromising nothing in terms of quality, safety and ethics.
Reuse more than 90% of production waste
by sorting and recycling in an ongoing, voluntary manner.
Significantly reduce the CO2 emissions generated by our business activities
by implementing an energy efficiency program in our production unit
Achieve 100% hydroelectricity consumption
by using this renewable energy source in our production unit
*The Pierre Fabre Group was the first pharmaceutical & dermo-cosmetic laboratory to achieve the “advanced” level of the AFAQ 26000 benchmark.
THE AVENE HYDROTHERAPY CENTER
SPECIALIZING IN DERMATOLOGY SINCE 1743
Located at heart of the Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park, the Avène Hydrotherapy Center opens its doors from April to October each year to offer daily hydrotherapy treatments for adults, children and infants (starting at 3 months old).
Principal conditions treated:
- Atopic dermatitis in children and adults,
- Other forms of chronic eczema,
- Psoriasis in children and adults,
- The after-effects of burns and the problems associated with scarring,
- More rarely, other skin diseases (chronic pruritus, etc.).
As a complement to the hydrotherapy treatments, the staff of the Avène Hydrotherapy Center offers a program of lectures, round table discussions and workshops for patients and the parents of young patients so that they can better cope with their illness in daily life.
A new hydrotherapy procedure is also available called SensiCure, which offers “specially tailored” dermatologically controlled treatments.