Combining eco-design and pharmaceutical culture
Pierre Fabre Laboratories have begun several eco-design projects. We are working to reduce and recycle our packaging and to develop eco-designed formulas. This awareness of the environment in developing our products does not compromise their safety or efficacy, as required by our pharmaceutical culture.
What is eco-design?
Eco-design is a preventive approach characterized by environmental awareness during the design or improvement phase of a product, good, service or process, to enhance its ecological quality while preserving its quality of use. Eco-design is a global approach.
- the formulas are reviewed to facilitate their biodegradability, such as for Ducray Extra-Doux shampoo,
- research programs are undertaken to promote the use of renewable substances.
- the base weight of cardboard boxes for medicines is reduced as much as possible,
- the base weight of large tubes for the René Furterer brand have been reduced by 9%,
- the Avène brand has reduced its 200 ml bottles by 5 g and its 125 ml bottles by 3 g, and has eliminated opaque PET from its Pédiatril range,
- the Ducray and A-Derma brands have reduced the caps of their tubes by 35%,
- the Klorane brand has reduced RPET (recycled polyethylene terephtalate) in all their shampoo bottles by half,
- Pierre Fabre Oral Care has reduced the base of its toothbrushes by 17 g.