Ducray Extra-Doux: eco-designed shampoo for the whole family
Ducray Dermatological Laboratories has taken an active approach to eco-design with the aim of minimizing the impact on the environment of the “flagship” shampoo, Extra-Doux.
Ducray Dermatological Laboratories has therefore fine-tuned a biodegradable formula without compromising on effectiveness and preserving all the shampoo's styling qualities, as well as its original fragrance. In addition,
Extra-Doux is available in a recyclable flip-top bottle.
In 2012, Ducray Dermatological Laboratories strengthened its eco-responsible approach in terms of its Extra-Doux shampoo, taking part in the Zanbal project. Thanks to this solidarity project, Ducray Dermatological Laboratories compensates for 100% of the greenhouse gas emissions linked to producing its Extra-Doux Shampoo.
Klorane – Desert Date: an eco-designed and environmentally responsible line for dry, damaged and brittle hair
By developing its line of hair-repair products with desert date, Klorane embarks on a project that meets the three pillars of sustainable development: economic, social and environmental. Recognized for its exemplary nature, this global approach was certified Ecocert 26000 - level of excellence: a first in the dermo-cosmetics world.
The entire haircare line with desert date is eco-designed with 100% biodegradable formulas and eco-designed packaging:
- A life cycle assessment is performed for every product in the line
- The desert date palm nut is harvested respecting the surrounding eco-system, helping to develop the local economy
- The extract is created respecting the principles of green chemistry: the extraction phase uses a green solvent at the Pierre Fabre Extraction Factory that is ISO 14001 certified, and dried on a plant support
- Short supply chains are chosen, with the line 80% made in France. For the shampoo, the date extract, bottle and end product are all produced within a 14-mile radius
- 100% biodegradable formulas, containing no silicone
- Eco-designed packaging:
- the shampoo bottle is made with 50% recycled PET, reducing greenhouse gas emissions related to the packaging by 13%, and 25% lighter tubes to save 0.6 tons of plastic, while maintaining solidity and transparency,
- boxes and inserts made of PEFC-certified paper (from sustainably managed forests)
- We help to raise public awareness regarding recycling through our partnership with Eco Emballage.
A responsible line, it supports an ambitious social and economic project:
Klorane Linseed: an eco-designed range that is 100% made in Tarn (France)
The new range of Klorane volumizing hair care is an eco-designed range that contains Linseed plant extract. Linseed is grown following the principles of organic farming, the extract is derived from green chemistry, the formulas are biodegradable and packaged in materials containing 50% recycled PET (polyethylene terephthalate).
The entire plant production process, including extraction, formulation, production and product packaging is carried out in the Tarn department (France).