Participating in the development of our region of origin
The desire to share the company’s development with that of our region of origin is a major characteristic of the group:
- 76% of the group’s research and development staff are based in the Midi-Pyrénées region of France,
- we are the biggest employer in the Tarn department,
- we are in the top five private employers in the Midi-Pyrénées region of France,
- between 2007 and 2011, over a five-year period, €250 million was invested in our production units in the south-west of France,
- Almost 75% of our purchasing takes place in France, including 25% in the regions where we are based.
Mr. Pierre Fabre was one of the founders of Tarn Entreprendre, an association that helps new businesses to start up. This association has supported the creation of 430 jobs since it began in 1997. Nearly 102 projects have been implemented and 75 companies are still active today. The estimated aggregated turnover of these 75 companies (50 new companies and 25 buy-outs) is €35 million.
Partners of structuring projects
- Involvement with the south-western France Oncopole
Formed as part of the first Cancer Plan, the south-western France Oncopole brings the ambitions of academic research in oncology to the regions of Aquitaine, Midi-Pyrénées, Languedoc-Roussillon, and Limousin.
- Cancer-Bio-Health Competitiveness Hub
The Cancer-Bio-Health Competitiveness Hub brings together all the players in the fight against cancer from the Midi-Pyrénées region. It aims to make national research funding available to scientific projects, following a selection process. We participate in the activities of this hub.
- Installation of high-speed internet in the south of the Tarn department
We are one of the founding stakeholders in the Intermédiasud mixed economy society, which manages a high-speed network and has made the Castres-Mazamet area a pioneer of the digital economy; today it is one of the leading French sites with infrastructure for the mass storage of digital data.
- Rebirth of the Abbaye École de Sorèze
Thanks to the installation of the Pierre Fabre University at this important place in the history of the 18th century, the Abbaye École de Sorèze has rediscovered its original vocation.