Call for applications : Immuno-oncology Group leader
The brand new “Oncopole” campus, based in Toulouse (South West of France), gathers academic, scientific, medical, clinical, technological and pharmaceutical research on cancer. Its missions are to improve fundamental knowledge on all aspects of cancer biology and to provide patients with rapid access to innovative and individualized treatments. The main actors of Toulouse Oncopole are:
- The Cancer Research Center of Toulouse (CRCT), a public research laboratory supported by Inserm, University Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier and CNRS
- The Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse-Oncopole (IUCT-O), a cancer care center
Oncopole is the place where clinicians from IUCT-O, translational research groups and basic scientist from CRCT have the ideal environment to develop their projects. CRCT is focused on the better understanding of the four “cancer editors” levels:
- Genetic & Cellular Oncology
- Tumor Biology
- Hematology & Immunology
- Experimental Therapeutics
Fondation Toulouse Cancer Santé, jointly with Pierre-Fabre Research Institute, is recruiting an outstanding young immuno-oncologist for a team leader position within the Cancer Research Center of Toulouse (CRCT).
Tasks and responsabilities
- Establish and run a world-class translational research program in immuno- oncology in both hematological and solid tumors with a focus on resistance to treatment to immune checkpoint modulators
- Translate the research programs into early phase clinical trials
- Set-up highly visible collaborations with academic and pharma partners
- Training of PhD students and occasional courses in PhD programs
- Recruit and supervise a research team
- MD, MD-PhD or equivalent degree
- Several years of successful experience in oncology drug discovery and early development in academic and / or Global Pharma environment
- Translational research experience in the field of immune-oncology
- Excellent network demonstrated by collaborations with private and public partners
- Outstanding research track record o Strong leadership skills
- Ability to interact with private (pharma or biotech) and public partners and to manage research multidisciplinary programs.
Candidates will be required to detail information about their previous work and submit a competitive project proposal.
Applications: CV, research project (4 pages), publications & patents list, grants, references in English - 10 pages max
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: “TCS IRPF Immuno-Onco”
Only applications received before July 31st 2016 will be considered.
After a first selection round “on record”, candidates will be invited for a two- day visit and presentation in Toulouse. The invitation includes full coverage of travel expenses, accommodation. The final selection will take place in autumn 2016, the candidates will be audited by the international jury of IUCT-O.
Successful candidate will receive a 5 years start-up grant, an appropriate research laboratory and offices at the Inserm Cancer Research Center of Toulouse.
Location: CRCT – Toulouse Cancer Research Center, 2 avenue Hubert Curien, CS 53717, 31037 TOULOUSE CEDEX 1, FRANCE
Expires: July 31st 2016
Job type: Group leader – Principal Investigator Salary: Unspecified
Qualification: Postgraduate – MD – MD-PhD Job hours: Full time