Klorane, an example of responsible marketing
February 6, 2015
Klorane’s Desert Date hair care range is one of the initiatives outlined in the white paper "Success with responsible marketing: winning formulas."
The CSR approach implemented in the Klorane Desert Date hair care range comprises several major components:
- eco-design of packaging (50% recycled PET and lightened tubes)
- biodegradable formulas with an active extract using green chemistry processes
- 80% of the range is "Made in France"
- consumer awareness about environmentally friendly practices via the brand's website: Recycling your Klorane packaging correctly
- supporting the "Great Green Wall" project in Africa, in partnership with the Klorane Institute and CNRS, the French National Centre for Scientific Research
This approach has been detailed in the white paper "Success with responsible marketing: winning formulas" among other initiatives, to demonstrate that taking CSR issues into account actually creates value for brands and companies.
This white paper was designed in 2013 on the initiative of Elizabeth Pastore-Reiss, Deputy General Director of Greenflex-Ethicity, a sustainable development and responsible marketing consultancy firm, and David Garbous, Strategic Marketing Director at Fleury Michon, elected Marketing Personality of the year 2012.