Pierre Fabre at the Positive Economy Forum: contemplating a Positive Economy
October 3, 2014
The Positive Economy Forum is an international network of multiple players (from senior corporate directors to social entrepreneurs, from economists to artists) born of the conviction that it is necessary to restore the priority of the long-term in decisions and actions. Its project aims to promote new development models, which are more concerned about their environmental and social impacts, and taking into account the interests of future generations.
Pierre Fabre Laboratories was invited to participate in the 3rd edition of the Positive Economy Forum, which took place from September 24th to 26th, to present their original CSR policy. Séverine Roullet Furnemont, Director of Environment and Sustainable Development, spoke about the history and values of the company, as well as various aspects of its DNA: attachment to its native region, its passion for nature, employee involvement in company shareholding scheme and its belonging to a Foundation of recognized public utility. Her speech was followed by the presentation of three projects illustrating the company's CSR policy in terms of product innovation:
- Ducray Extra-Gentle shampoo: participation in national experimentation in environmental labeling, and project for carbon offsetting of greenhouse gas emissions,
- Desert date hair care product range by Klorane: biodegradable formulas, ecologically designed packaging, support for the Pan-African Great Green Wall project,
- A-Derma products: focus on short manufacturing cycles, "made in South-West
" products. France
The 3rd edition of the Positive Economy Forum brought together in
- 5580 participants
- 150 speakers from around the world
- 30 discussion workshops with 400 experts
- 3.7 million people on social networks.