PIERRE FABRE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER
From cytotoxic molecules to targeted therapies
Located at the Toulouse Oncopole Campus, the Pierre Fabre Research and Development Center houses an outstanding oncological research center. It combines on one site the teams and equipment required for the development and production of new molecules.
Relying on public and private partnerships, its research focuses on natural, chemical or biological molecules.
The main activities of the Pierre Fabre Research and Development Institute include:
- the identification of new biological targets of therapeutic interest, thanks to the fields of genomics and proteomics;
- the implementation of research projects that involve original mechanisms of action for the treatment of solid and hematological tumors;
- the early development of new chemical or biological entities;
- the development of new clinical indications.
PIERRE FABRE IMMUNOLOGY CENTER
Cancer biotherapies and monoclonal antibodies
Dedicated to the fight against cancer and specialized in targeted biotherapy research, the Pierre Fabre Immunology Center, located at Saint-Julien-en-Genevois (France), near Geneva, is focused on research into monoclonal antibodies for use in oncology and the production of biotechnological active substances.
The Antibody Biotechnology Unit (ABU), which has been operational since 2011, supports this research hub in meeting two objectives:
- strengthening our biotechnology research capacity in the field of cancer;
- increasing our industrial biotechnology capacity, particularly in cell culture and antibody purification.
Thanks to this new Antibody Biotechnology Unit, the Pierre Fabre Immunology Center benefits from a continuum between research, development and the production of clinical batches.
In 2014, Pierre Fabre’s Antibody Biotechnology Unit (UBA) acquired new premises dedicated to the production of antibodies conjugated to cytotoxic agents (Antibody-Drug Conjugates - ADC). The premises facilitate the coupling and purification of antibodies with highly active compounds.
The UBA, like the Soual site (located in the Tarn region), is HQE classified (Haute Qualité Environnementale - France’s High Quality Environmental Standard for buildings), and are among the pioneers in France for this "High Quality Environmental Standard" classification for industrial sites.
Immunology center Saint Julien
Consumer Health Care Innovation Unit
Located in Castres, at the Péraudel site, the Consumer Health Care Innovation Unit delivers Innovation to the three brands: Pierre Fabre Oral Care, Pierre Fabre Health Care and Naturactive, and provides its expertise in formulation and analytical development.