Over 100,000 trees planted since 2007
Respect for natural resources lies at the heart of the Group's values and is reflected in its sustainable development approach. Over 100,000 trees have been planted since 2007, benefiting the environment (carbon offsetting, protecting biodiversity) and people.
Acting here, there and now to reduce our ecological footprint
- To offset some of the greenhouse gas emissions related to the Group's activity
- To preserve ecosystems in areas where the company is present
- To secure our supply chains
For these reasons, and through the actions taking place under the Botanical Expertise Pierre Fabre (BEPF) initiative and the Klorane Institute, the Group and its brands have planted over 10,000 trees per year since 2007.
The project and the trees continue to grow
- 2007: The Klorane Institute plants 10,000 Olive trees in Greece
- 2008: GALENIC plants 4,000 Argan trees in Morocco
- Since 2012: The Klorane Institute plants 60,000 Desert date trees in Senegal with the Great Green Wall Project
- Since 2013: DUCRAY plants 2,200 Acacias in Mali with the ZANBAL project
- Since 2014: Pierre Fabre plants 60,000 local species in Madagascar and obtains Ecocert's "Reforestation and Solidarity” label
- Since 2014: A-DERMA plants 2 km of hedgerows in the Tarn area with the Carbone Local program
Actions in connection with the Pierre Fabre Business model...
The plant world is the primary source of inspiration for Pierre Fabre Laboratories, providing an endless but fragile source of creativity. This is why protecting the world around us is a central value for our company.
…and facilitated by the organization of the company
This commitment to the conservation of natural species is made possible by the Group's organizational model and sustainable development policy:
- Integration of a "Knowledge and Nature Conservation" section in our CSR policy, AFAQ 26000 assessed as "Exemplary" by AFNOR certification.
- Development of a corporate responsibility policy, Botanical Expertise Pierre Fabre (BEPF), a certified approach for the responsible development of innovative, safe and effective plant-based active ingredients.
- Founding of the Klorane Institute corporate foundation for the protection and use of our natural plant heritage